Belinda Martin is a New York, fashion and table top stylist with over half a decade of experience in creative and editorial production. Pulling from her strong photography background, she has a strong, unique eye for elements of beauty and style. She enjoys using other mediums such as films, music, and literature for inspiration to create characters and stories in her work. She has art directed on various projects ranging from catalogues, commercials, and fashion editorials with clients such as Time Out New York Magazine, Delia's, and Kool and the Gang.
Fashion and Table Top Stylist, Freelance: 2005 - Current
•On-figure and table top stylist for commercial photo shoots and film projects
•Collaborating with buyers, art directors, and photographers to translate the client's brand
•Confident working in different environments involving high profile clients and models
•Organizing shot lists and products
• Prepping and styling products to meet daily deadlines for photo sets.
•Working/communicating with models in different environments such as on location and in the studio
•Responsible for all preparation of clothing while on photo shoots in studio and on location
•Organizing and helping with sample tracking for all photo samples
•Dressing/pinning models and on set styling
• Calling and picking out clothes from showrooms
• Obtaining and Organizing props for photoshoots
• Arranging soft goods and other products
• Styling and prepping mannequins
• Garment preparation such as steaming and folding products for table top sets
• On-site hemming
www.pinsandneedlesnyc.tumblr.com, 2010 - Current
•Writing fashion articles featuring current trends and styles
•Researching and relating trends
• Photographing and editing photos
• Featuring current editorials and inspiration from personal portfolios and other current collections
Photographer/ Art Director
Freelance: 2003 - 2005
• Photographed, edited, and wrote articles for the following publications:
The Crimson newspaper, the Birmingham Weekly, and Portico Magazine.
• Exercised organizational, leadership, and management skills in the operations of
BY KIDZ magazine.